Friday, March 19, 2010

Tiger's mistress reveals explicit SMSes

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 01:52 PM

A former porn actress released sexually graphic text messages Thursday that she says prove her affair with Tiger Woods, and she said she may reveal more potentially embarrassing information about the golfer as he prepares to return to competition next month.

Joslyn James, whose real name is Veronica Siwik-Daniels, posted more than 100 messages on her Web site that she says came from Woods and indicate he arranged to have her stay at the same hotel as he did.

Some of the messages show a desire for rough sex. In texts dated Aug. 29, the person she says is Woods says he wants to slap her and that she should beg the next time he sees her.

The messages were released just two days after Woods announced he would end his four-month, self-imposed exile and play at the Masters at Augusta National in Georgia.

A request for comment from a Woods spokesman was not immediately returned.

James denied she was trying to get even with Woods for breaking her heart when he ended their three-year affair and refused to publicly acknowledge it.

"I just wanted the public to know and the truth to be out there for me to have people see what I was being told and not just judge me for being with a married guy," she told The Associated Press. James said she would begin posting in the days ahead some of the more than 1,000 text messages she said she has from Woods. She is only posting messages she says are from Woods and none from herself to the golfer because her cell phone overwrote outgoing texts and she wasn't able to save them.

James said she met Woods while working at a Las Vegas nightclub he frequented.

The final three texts James released were dated Oct. 4 and indicate the sender became enraged with her, apparently after their relationship was nearly discovered.

"Don't ... talk to me," the final one said, using an expletive. "You almost just ruined my whole life. If my agent and these guys would have seen you there."

She said the relationship didn't end, however, until several weeks later.


Source: Web Search

Shamed by moth attack, Association gets cracking

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 01:42 PM

Ahmedabad, March 19 -- Embarrassed by the moth attack that made playing close to impossible at the Sardar Patel Stadium on Monday, the Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) has swung into action. According to GCA secretary, Rajesh Patel, stringent measures are on the anvil to keep the area around the stadium clean and a fogging machine is being used to prevent a repeat incident. "For the past two days, we are using the fogging machine several times a day and will continue doing so till the end of the Ahmedabad leg of the IPL. Tomorrow, a private firm will carry out pesticide treatment inside the stadium," Patel said on Thursday. "Moths are usual at this time of the year, but it was the first time we saw them in such huge numbers. We have taken the help of the municipal authorities as well to keep the stadium clean and are ensuring that people don't litter garbage outside the premises," he added. Several players, including Amit Mishra, Paras Dogra, Shane Warne and Virender Sehwag had complained about the pesky moths after the Daredevils-Royals clash. "We understand players get disturbed if there are so many insects hovering around them. We are trying our best to prevent it from happening again. We didn't face the problem when India played South Africa in an ODI in February. "These things are natural, but not always in our control," Patel said. The moth attack on Monday was accentuated by the fact that it was a day-night match and insects are usually attracted to light. The floodlights and electronic boards were major attractions for the insects and hence the trouble.


Source: Web Search

Chargers short on confidence

Published Fri, Mar 19 10 01:38 PM

India, March 19 -- Champions Deccan Chargers are not being able to recapture their form of last year. They lost the opening game of this year's IPL when, at one stage, it looked they would coast to a win. And, perhaps, that loss has dented their confidence. It took a few years for players to understand that in the 50-over format, it was not necessary to go slam-bang from the first ball, and that wickets in hand in the last 10 overs invariably ensured a healthy score. The Sri Lankans then showed that innovation is the name of the game as they cleverly exploited the 15-over field restrictions, even if it meant losing a few wickets. In Twenty20 too, teams trying to hit from the first ball onwards are finding that consistency is eluding them. And even if they have players capable of tearing any attack apart, it is not easy particularly after the opposition has got a good score. To chase successfully when the asking rate is over 10 an over, it is good to have an anchorman around whom other innings should revolve. Kallis demonstrated it ably when he first played the anchoring role and then took off vertically to get the Royal Challengers a famous win. The Deccan Chargers have a fabulous batting line-up. Any team that has Adam Gilchrist, Herschelle Gibbs, Andrew Symonds and Rohit Sharma in its ranks should be feared. Unfortunately, they all have been trying to hit the ball a little too hard and missing out on the timing factor. No matter how hard you hit the ball, it will still fetch you a boundary or a six. Timing, more than anything else, is the key to dispatching the ball to the boundary. The ease with which Yusuf Pathan hits sixes is because of his timing.


Source: Web Search

Injured Beckham can heel in time to play World Cup

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 01:28 PM

London, Mar 19 (ANI): The Achilles tendon injury of ace midfielder David Beckham can heel in time to enable him to play his fourth World Cup in South Africa, according to a top sports professor.

Beckham's hopes of making the England squad for South Africa in June looked over after he tore an Achilles tendon while playing for AC Milan last Sunday. rofessor Greg Whyte, who helped fix Beckham's metatarsal injury before the 2002 World Cup, said massive doses of collagen in pill form could dramatically speed up his recovery.

Ex-World Championship pentathlon silver medallist Whyte has used collagen, a protein, to aid tissue regeneration in the past, The Sun reports.

Pentathlon teammate James Greenwell feared his career was over after rupturing an Achilles tendon in 1994. But he was running in 22 days and three months later did a personal best.

Prof Whyte, who was once an injury adviser to Manchester United, runs a business selling collagen.

"It is definitely something I would recommend for David. It can help heal quickly. The World Cup can be done," Whyte said.

A spokesman for Beckham, 34, said: "David has leading care and advice." (ANI)


Source: Web Search

Streaker's dash overruns Clarke sledging

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 01:08 PM

Wellington, Mar. 19 (ANI): A streaker got the Basin Reserve crowd going today just as Australian vice-captain Michael Clarke arrived at the crease.

The crowd of around 4000 people met Clarke's arrival with loud cheers and jeers.

Chants referring to his broken engagement with model Lara Bingle included "Where's the ring?", "Ring, ring, ring", "Where the bloody hell are ya?" as well as clapping and loud chants of support for the Black Caps.

The streaker ran across the field nude with "Nanna told me not to" written on his back, dodged four security guards and cleared a picket fence before he successfully made his escape from the ground.

It is believed the man had formed a Facebook group to gain support for his streak.

Police said the streaker had not been apprehended and only a cursory search would be carried out. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

Oz players cleared of racism charges against Indians

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 12:52 PM

An Australian club cricket team, accused of racially abusing players of Indian descent during a match, has been cleared of the charge even though two of its members were banned for sledging.

After a marathon hearing stretching over nine hours, the Geelong Cricket Association last night dismissed charges of racial abuse as "unsubstantiated".

The racial abuse complaint was made by Waurn Ponds' club against members of the Thomson club.

"The hearing found two Thomson players and one Waurn Ponds player had breached the GCA's code of conduct in relation to sledging and playing outside the spirit of the game," the 'Geelong Advertiser' reported.

"Thomson captain Michael O'Neill and teammate Morgan Cleary were banned from tday's semi-final and received a three-match suspended sentence until the end of the 2011-12 season for breaching the players' code of conduct.

"One Waurn Ponds player, Chandranraj D. Basavaraju, was issued with a reprimand plus a two-match suspended sentence until the end of 2011-12 after being found guilty of breaching the players' code of conduct," it added.

Thomson was also slapped with with a 1000 dollars fine suspended until the end of 2011-12. The probe was launched after a written complaint from the Waurn Ponds Cricket Club on Sunday which stated that six Waurn players of Indian descent were racially abused by Thomson players in a fourth-grade qualifying final last Saturday.

"The GCA, Thomson and Waurn Ponds cricket clubs are unanimous in their conviction that racism has no place whatsoever in any level of cricket or society in general," GCA president Grant Dew said after the hearing.

"This investigation has underlined cricket should be a sport that is competitive but also enjoyable to players of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.

"It is clear that the match involved in this investigation was far from enjoyable for many who participated, which is a poor reflection upon our sport," he added.

Thomson president Laurie McGovern said he was glad that his players were cleared of racial abuse charge. "We are pleased that our players have been cleared of the serious charge of racial vilification. Equally we recognize the importance of playing in the right manner and we realize that, like all clubs, we have a role to play in educating our members in this issue," he said.

Waurn Ponds president Daniel Breen said his club's complaint had done the job of highlighting a major on-field problem.

"We are pleased to have brought this issue to light and hope that this process will help bring about an improved environment for everyone involved in cricket," he said.


Source: Web Search

Clarke scores 14th Test hundred in Wellington Test

Published>Fri, Mar 19 10 12:38 PM

Wellington, Mar. 19 (ANI): Australian vice-captain Michael Clarke has returned to the Test team in emphatic style scoring his 14th Test hundred against New Zealand in Wellington.

Clarke (100 not out) put aside his broken engagement to celebrity model Lara Bingle to help Australia to a comfortable 4/316 at stumps.

Western Australian left-hander Marcus North, whose position in the team was under intense scrutiny, is 52 not out after sharing in an unbeaten partnership of 140 with Clarke..

Earlier, opener Simon Katich got Australia off to a solid start, scoring a typically gritty 79 before being trapped LBW by debutant Brent Arnel

Katich, who hit eight fours and one six, was lucky not to be out caught behind on 68 off Tim Southee's bowling and again next over he gave a chance to mid-on from spinner Daniel Vettori on 70.

Ricky Ponting was run out soon after lunch for 41 after a mix-up with Katich, who pushed a ball to cover and the skipper hesitated before falling well short of his ground at the striker's end.

Katich, who appeared to be the one who called, threw his head back in disappointment at his role in the key dismissal and Ponting was furious as he departed.

Mike Hussey (4) was caught in slips off Chris Martin's bowling, making it 3-115.

After the dramatic and last-minute withdrawal of opener Shane Watson, Australia reached 1-93 at lunch.

Watson pulled out with a hip injury after a bruise inflicted by Kiwi paceman Shane Bond during the one-day international series developed into a muscle strain.

The 21-year-old Hughes, playing his seventh Test, slashed a wide ball from debutant seamer Brent Arnel to slip in the sixth over.

Hughes hit four boundaries and faced only 24 deliveries.

Team physio Alex Kountouris said it was hoped Watson would be available for the second Test in Hamilton starting on March 27.

Kountouris said Watson was struck on the hip/backside area during the fourth one-day international against New Zealand in Auckland on March 11.

He said Watson played the fifth ODI game two days later in Wellington and felt only mild discomfort.

Australia named Victorian quick Clint McKay as 12th man while spinner Jeetan Patel will carry the drinks for the Black Caps.

Teams:

Australia: Rick Ponting (capt), Simon Katich, Phillip Hughes, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Marcus North, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Ryan Harris, Doug Bollinger, Clint McKay (12th man).

New Zealand: Daniel Vettori (capt), Tim McIntosh, BJ Watling, Peter Ingram, Ross Taylor, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Daryl Tuffey, Tim Southee, Brent Arnel, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel (12th man). (ANI)


Source: Web Search


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars