Thursday, March 18, 2010

The team that stays positive will win: Raina

Published>Thu, Mar 18 10 09:36 PM

New Delhi, March 18 (IANS) Chennai Super Kings stand-in-skipper Suresh Raina said Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be missed in Friday's Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Delhi Daredevils, though the side has good, experienced players to fill in for him.

Raina said the side that plays positive cricket will win Friday.

Dhoni is out of action for at least 10 days with an injured elbow.

'We will miss him (Dhoni), no doubt. And when a player gives his hundred percent in the field, he will also risk injury. If you look at the last match, he batted really well, till the last over,' Raina said.

'But I do not think the team should be dependent on one player, and we have other good players. Hopefully, we will do well.'

Raina said Parthiv Patel will take over from Dhoni as wicketkeeper and he will also open the innings.

'Parthiv will open the innings tomorrow and we have Justin Kemp, Morkel, myself, Badri and Vijay in the middle order.'

Raina hoped the captaincy will help his batting, and is happy that he enjoys the support of the seniors in the dressing room.

'The reponsibility will be a good exposure for me and it has come in a big tournament like this. In the dressing room, I have Haydos (Hayden), Kemp, (Stephen) Flemming, so we have a lot of experience in the team.'

'I have scored runs in the last two years and this year I have got the captaincy. The selectors must have seen something in me and I hope the responsibility helps to improve my batting,' he said.

On more and more players getting injured in IPL, Raina said: 'My job is to play and I will give my 100 percent. Injuries are in God's hands, I will play as long as I am fit. It's good for me - more I play, the better it is.'

'It will be a real contest tomorrow. The Delhi team has so many experienced players. We too have world class players. The team that plays positive cricket will win tomorrow.'

Asked if Dhoni has given him any advice, Raina said: 'He told me to keep it simple and that we have the potential. 'Whatever decision you take, you must go for it and play freely,' he said. I will do my best.'


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars