Thursday, May 27, 2010

Capello likely to reject Inter Milan's tempting offer over England

Published>Thu, May 27 10 01:37 PM

London, May 27(ANI): England manager Fabio Capello has indicated that he will reject tempting offers from Inter Milan to honour the remaining two years of his contract with the Football Association (FA).

Capello, who has returned to Austria with his England squad to resume altitude training, is contracted to the FA until the end of Euro 2012.

"I have a contract with the FA and the only way it will finish is if they decide to sack me," The Guardian quoted Capello, as saying.

"I see my name linked with lots of jobs in England, Spain and Italy, but I'm happy here with the FA. I like my job, I like this country and I don't think about my future. My future is about tomorrow and the World Cup," he added.

Inter Milan President Massimo Moratti is understood to have identified Capello as his "ideal candidate" and first choice to replace Jose Mourinho.

According to reports, Moratti would be willing to treble his six-million-pound annual salary, after tax, in order to bring the former Milan, Roma and Juventus manager back to Italy.

Mourinho, who led Inter to an unprecedented treble of Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League, is under contract with the club until June 2012, but has decided to join Real Madrid to fulfill his dream of becoming the only coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars