Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sidebottom warns England's young guns on Ashes spot

Published>Sun, Jul 25 10 06:07 PM

London, July 25 (ANI): Ryan Sidebottom has warned England's young guns he will continue to breath down their necks as he chases for a place in the Ashes squad.

The 32-year-old has only played one Test match, the innings defeat in Johannesburg in January, in the last 18 months but was one of the stars of England's World Twenty20 win in the Caribbean in May.

Sidebottom was then overlooked for the routine series win over Bangladesh with rookies Steven Finn and Ajmal Shahzad impressing alongside James Anderson in the attack.

"I feel I'm in good form and I'm bowling well and that's all that really matters," the News of The World quoted Sidebottom, who moved from Yorkshire to Nottinghamshire in 2003, as saying.

"If I keep taking wickets and knocking on the door, there may still be a chance for me to play in the Ashes," he added.

"All the guys are going out there under pressure, which bodes well for those who are playing regularly. They know that if they don't perform that there's someone else who can come in and take their place and I will keep pushing as much as I can," he said. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars