Wednesday, August 4, 2010

England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under

Published>Wed, Aug 04 10 02:22 PM

London, Aug.4 (ANI): England fast bowler Graham Onions is still hopeful of playing a part in the Ashes series this winter.

Onions has not played since leaving the winter tour of Bangladesh with a back problem and more recently he has had to contend with a knee cartilage injury which required surgery.

The Sun quoted him as saying: "If I had no motivation and was just thinking 'how do I get myself ready for next season?' then maybe I wouldn't be training as hard as I am now."

"Being a professional cricketer, you want to play against the best. I want to play against Australia and get the England shirt on, but first I've obviously got to get the Durham shirt back on," he added.

He further said: "I just desperately want to play, that's definitely at the back of my mind when I'm on the treadmill."

The 27-year-old has taken 28 wickets at an average fractionally over 31 in his eight Tests to date, which included 10 Australian scalps in three Tests last summer. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars