Friday, April 9, 2010

Liverpool goalkeeper Reina extends contract until 2016

Published>Fri, Apr 09 10 08:40 PM

London, April 9 (DPA) Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina signed a new six-year deal with the club on Friday, tying him to Anfield until 2016.

The 27-year-old, tipped by current captain Steven Gerrard as a future skipper of the club, joined Liverpool five seasons ago and has been a resounding success.

'I'm delighted to sign a new contract,' Reina said. 'It's probably the best news of my life that I'll be here for the next six years. Me and my family are really happy here.

'To play for Liverpool is very special. I've been here for five years and now I will be here for six more and it's very exciting.'

Reina's new deal means he joins Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Daniel Agger and Dirk Kuyt in extending his commitment to the club.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars