Friday, June 18, 2010

Dilshan rues lost opportunity to score big against B''desh

Published Fri, Jun 18 10 11:37 PM

Dambulla, Jun 18 (PTI) Tillakaratne Dilshan was happy with his man of the match performance but rued the missed opportunity to score big in Sri Lanka''s emphatic 126-run win over Bangladesh in the Asia Cup cricket tournament at the Rangiri Dambulla International stadium here today. "I am glad that I got the man of the match award and took three wickets, but there was an opportunity today for me to make a big score possibly in the region of 150," said Dilshan. "I was hitting the ball well but got out in the 16th over. Had I hung around a little longer, I think I was in for a big one," said the flamboyant opener, who had scored ten hundreds in all forms of the game last season. Dilshan smashed eleven fours and a six in his breezy 51-ball 71. He later went on to take three wickets for 37 runs to steer Lanka home with plenty to spare. The right-handed batsman said he always like to dominate bowling with his powerful strokeplay. "I always intend to attack in the first ten overs and then settle down and play a longer innings. My game plan is to take the attack to the bowlers and provide my side with a good start," he said. Dilshan said he wasn''t surprised with his bowling performance and always knew that he would be given a bowl. "Since we played only one spinner (Muttiah Muralitharan), I was aware of this thing. I bowled the right line to get those wickets," said Dilshan, who aspires to complete 1000 ODI runs this season. Meanwhile, Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan conceded that Dilshan took the match away from their reach. "We didn''t start well with the new ball. Sri Lankan openers, especially Dilshan took the match away from us. "It is frustrating that we have not been playing to our potential despite doing so well over the last two months. Once again we didn''t play well in the middle overs," said a beleaguered Shakib.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars