Saturday, January 16, 2010

Abhinav threatens to quit, NRAI says don''t blame us

Deepak Jain Sat, Jan 16 10 02:59 PM

New Delhi/Chandigarh, Jan 16 (PTI) Frustrated with the national federation''s "attitude", disillusioned Olympic hero Abhinav Bindra has created a flutter by threatening to quit shooting, throwing Indian sports into yet another controversy. Abhinav said he was frustrated with the National Rifles Association of India''s attitude towards him but the NRAI claimed they were being made a scapegoat in the entire episode and they have never asked him to appear for trials. "There are days when I feel like throwing away my rifle. The whole thing started in July when the sports ministry intimated me that the NRAI wants to me to compete in trials for Commonwealth Championships, I came back in November only to be told by the NRAI that the trials have been postponed to January," said Abhinav, India''s first individual Olympic gold medallist. "Now I get to know that my name is not there in the team for the Commonwealth Championship in February. I am not upset that somebody else is getting a chance, I am only upset about the process. First they throw me out of the Commowealth Games core group, then they deny me a contract with the sponsors and now I am not there in the Commonwealth Championship team," he added. .





Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars