Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye Moya

Deepak Jain Tue, Jan 05 10 12:39 PM

Chennai, Jan. 4 -- The journey has not quite ended, but Carlos Moya realises he will leave behind something special. While on his way back to tennis, after a 10-month injury lay-off, Moya again found the Chennai Open and won them over again. And he got the final word on the court despite losing 3-6, 6-7 (2) to fourth seed Janko Tipsarevic in the first round on Monday. The Spaniard was felicitated after the match, celebrating his 10-year affair with Chennai. "You have given me more than I could've asked for," Moya told the crowd. Despite being a break down in the second set, Moya drew level for 4-4. But that's as far as his still-lethal forehand and strong fanfare could get. Tipsarevic played a solid tiebreaker to win 7-2 and complete victory in 92 minutes.

"I hope this is not my last trip here. It's too early to say whether I will retire this season, but I had some great memories here and it was great to share my two victories with these people," said the 2004 and 2005 Chennai champion.





Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars