Saturday, June 5, 2010

'Miffed' Miandad livid over being ignored for team selection

Published>Sat, Jun 05 10 02:08 PM

Islamabad, Jun.5 (ANI): One can not keep former Pakistan skipper Javed Miandad out of the news for long, as the current Director General Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has now criticised the selectors for not consulting him before deciding on the final 15 for the forthcoming Asia Cup in Sri Lanka.

Miandad is upset over being ignored by the selection committee, and said that he should have been asked for his feedback before the team for the June 15-24 quadrangular one-day tournament was picked.

Miandad said he had spent some crucial time with budding cricketers at the summer camp and a couple of them deserved place in the senior squad.

"I have spent my entire life serving the game in different capacities and it is the country and national interest that is of utmost important for me. I had been deputed with the up and coming cricketers and I worked hard with them. Considering that, I think I was in a position to give some really helpful input to the selectors. Sadly no selector contacted or even consulted me," a disappointed Miandad said.

Raising questions over the selection procedure, Miandad said had he been a selector he would have definitely asked all concerned persons for their feedback.

"One could well imagine the selection process adopted for the team's selection.A coach who was running the training camp was not even asked to share his experience. Had I been the selector of the team, I would have taken the feedback of all those who had worked on the probables," The News quoted Miandad, as saying.

"I believe that I was in a position to show the selectors the real potential of a player," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars