Thursday, August 5, 2010

Button eyeing another podium finish in London triathlon

Published>Fri, Aug 06 10 11:45 AM

London, Aug 6(ANI): Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button is looking forward to get back on the podium at this weekend's Challenger World London Triathlon.

Button is participating in the event in which he had finished second in his age group last year.

"I've been competing in triathlon for a few years now to keep me in shape for driving," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.

"I enjoy the pain, the training. It's very peaceful - like it is in the car," he added.

The 30-year-old will join Olympic Gold medallist Rebecca Romero and star athlete Cassie Patton in the race.he Olympic distance is a 1500metre swim, 40kilometre bike ride and 10kilometre run.

Button had finished the race last year in an incredible 2hours and seven minutes, with pro athletes coming in just under two hours.

"I was very happy with the second place last year in my category, but I guess that means I will have to win this time," Button said.Nothing like putting pressure on yourself is there?" he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars