Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kraisart takes pole position in FIM Asia Racing C''ship

Sat, Aug 21 10 09:26 PM

Chennai, Aug 21 (PTI) Thailand''s Decha Kraisart and Chalermpol Polomai of Petronas Yamaha team took the front row of the Supersport 600cc section in fourth round of the FIM Asia Racing Championship here today. Due to heavy rains the qualifying event for the second race was abandoned and the first qualifying positions would hold good for the second race. Kraisart kept up his good showing and clocked the best timing of 1 min 44.821 seconds to come on pole followed by his team mate Polomai at 1:45.212 secs. Indonesia''s Dori Tata Pradita ended on the third spot (1:45.451 secs) and Md Zamri Baba of Malaysia clocked 1:45.657 secs for the fourth position. Japan''s Toshiyuki Hamaguchi riding for India''s Moto-Rev Racing Team timed 1:45.873 secs to be fifth on pole. Favorite Kraisart, who had won the first race last year at the same venue said, "I really enjoy riding here and I am very happy to be on pole position. "I was pretty confident with the set-up we found yesterday and the bike felt really good. I put in my fastest and best timing on lap 2 and I felt I could go faster. We hope we have better weather tomorrow as we have a long race ahead of us." Polomai, who too had a great run over here last year, said, "I am not totally satisfied with the set up but I will work with my engineers tonight to find more speed. I quite enjoy racing on this circuit and will definitely be challenging Kraisart tomorrow. Let us hope the weather is alright tomorrow." The two Indian riders on the grid -- M Gautam and Sumit Toppo -- did not fare well today and will start from the back of the grid. Both suffered from mechanical problems in the morning and lost out on valuable track time. In Underbone 115cc race, Rafid Topan Sucipto will start on pole with Hadi Wijaya alongside him on the grid.


Source: Published>

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars