Friday, September 24, 2010

"I'm a better bowler than my statistics suggest": Mohammad Sami

Published>Sat, Sep 25 10 11:58 AM

Karachi, Sep 25 (ANI): Pakistan pace bowler Mohammad Sami, currently out of the national squad, has stated that if given an opportunity, he would prove that he was a better bowler than his statistics suggested.

"Sometimes statistics don't always tell the full story. I don't want to offer excuses, but those that have followed my career will appreciate that I have not had the best of luck. I am a better bowler than my statistics suggest and I will prove that in the coming months and years if given the opportunity," PakPassion.Net quoted Sami, as saying.

The 29-year-old pacer revealed that he was looking forward to the upcoming domestic season, and had also set himself the target of returning to the Pakistani test squad against South Africa.

"I've not taken much time off during the close season and have been working hard on my game at the Rashid Latif Cricket Academy, as well as training on my own... but I want to ensure that I am 100% ready when the new seasons starts. I am hopeful that the hard work will pay off and I can be given another chance for Pakistan," Sami said.

The 2011 World Cup is a target that is firmly in Sami's mind, and with bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir currently under suspension by the ICC after getting implicated in spot-fixing allegations, Pakistani selectors may once again have to consider taking him back to strengthen the team's bowling attack.

"Taking part in any World Cup is huge and something that players of all nations and abilities want to perform well in. The memory of the 2007 World Cup still haunts all of the squad... I want to put that terrible tournament behind me and to make the 2011 World Cup a success for Pakistan," he said.

Sami had made a sensational debut to his international career by taking eight wickets against New Zealand at Auckland, but later, with a bowling average of over 50, he struggled to hold down a regular place in the test and one day squads. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars