Saturday, September 4, 2010

Charlesworth empathises with Brasa

Published>Sun, Sep 05 10 07:21 AM

Indian hockey's former technical consultant Ric Charlesworth isn't surprised by the manner in which current coach Jose Brasa has been venting his frustration ahead of the Commonwealth Games.

On Saturday, Brasa alleged that the Sports Authority of India (SAI) was lying about the salary and facilities it was giving to him. "SAI has claimed that they are paying me Rs7 lakh per month as well as family accommodation, which is a lie. I am getting Rs 4.2 lakhs per month that means 7000 euros," Brasa said.

"Even the club coaches in Europe get better than this. As far as family accommodation is concerned, I am not using their four-star hotel facilities. In fact, I am saving their money, approximately Rs 3 lakh per month," the Spaniard said.

Meanwhile, Charlesworth told The Indian Express via email on Friday: "There are similarities between the situation of Jose (Brasa) and myself. It is a pattern."

Like Brasa, right from the start Charlesworth, current Australian coach, too had issues relating to payment of salary, being kept away from selection meetings and contractual issues with the federation.

Although Charlesworth admitted to all these similarities, he chose not to comment on these issues.

"I'm not commenting on this till the Commonwealth Games are out of the way," Charlesworth added.

Completely miffed with the system, Brasa said he does not want to continue beyond November 30, when his contract expires.

"I definitely would not like to continue in the same situation. My contract is expiring on November 30 and that's it. I am sure authorities here will not be keen to renew my offer," he said.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars