Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grand Slam win will take huge weight off my shoulders: Murray

Published>Sat, Jan 30 10 01:39 PM

London, Jan. 30 (ANI): Ahead of his Australian Open final clash with Roger Federer, British tennis ace Andy Murray has admitted that winning his first Grand Slam will lift an enormous amount of weight off his shoulders.

"I know that if I do it, it will be a huge weight off my shoulders and I'll play better tennis after I do it. Winning here would change my tennis life, yes...Winning a Grand Slam is just something I have always wanted to do," The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.

Murray will also be looking to deliver a better performance than his first Slam final, at the US Open in 2008, when he was taken apart by Federer, the only man in tennis history to have won 15 Grand Slams.

"I was disappointed but reaching a Slam final is such a difficult thing to do that you don't look back on it as a failure or anything like that. But I want to try and win it. Physically I am a lot stronger and my game's just got better," Murray said.

Murray seems to have a chance against Federer, as he has won six of their 10 meetings.

However, the fifth seed insists: "But in the 16 Slams I have played, Federer and Nadal have won 14 of them. They are obviously still the best two in the world and deserve to be there. It is my job - and the guys behind job - to try and close that gap and win these big tournaments.

"I'll always have the same sort of game style but now I can add little bits and pieces to make my play a bit more unpredictable," he added.

The ability to be a bit unpredictable and to catch Federer off guard could be the key for his victory, feels Murray.

"Roger has a lot of strengths - experience being his No 1 strength. He knows how to play the big matches. His record in Grand Slams is unbelievable. My job is to find the right tactics and the right way to win against him," he said. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars