Tuesday, February 2, 2010

''Ignored'' Miandad threatens to resign from PCB post

Published Tue, Feb 02 10 03:25 PM

Karachi, Feb 2 (PTI) Feeling ignored and unwanted, former captain Javed Miandad today threatened to resign from the Director-General''s post in Pakistan Cricket Board if the state of affairs don''t improve. A miffed Miandad said at the moment, his post was a mere ornamental one. "Basically they are not allowing me to do anything and I am bypassed in everything even in areas which are supposed to come under my control," Miandad alleged. The former captain, who has fallen out with PCB chairman Ejaj Butt, alleged that by ignoring him, the board chief was in fact defying chief patron and President Asif Zardari who had appointed Miandad. "I am here because of the chief patron who has appointed me and given me other responsibilities, everyone must understand this. I have no problems resigning because I can earn more from other work. But I am working in the board because of the chief patron," Miandad said. He said he has already written a letter to Zardari, outlining the problems in the board and team and how Butt was working. "It is my duty to keep President Zardari informed of all that is happening in the board and team," he added. (More) PTI Corr AY SHN


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars