Monday, May 24, 2010

Younus demands 'justice' to be able to play for 'beloved' Pak again

Published>Tue, May 25 10 11:27 AM

Islamabad, May 25(ANI): Former Pakistan captain Younus Khan, who was banned and fined by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after a committee investigated the team's dismal tour of Australia, has claimed that he was punished without being given any opportunity to clarify his position.

Addressing the National Assembly Standing Committee on Sports meeting, which was held to discuss the affairs of Pakistan cricket with special focus on penalties imposed on senior players, Younus also asked for justice on the issue.I was banned without given a chance to clarify my position and I want justice because I want to play for my country again," The Daily Times quoted Younus, as saying.

The 32-year-old further told the committee that his case was not properly heard during the initial inquiry, and said he was not given solid reasoning why he was suspended.

"I pointed out problems within the team to the PCB and they banned me. My career has been derailed because of this ban and although I am getting offers to play in England and South Africa, I want to play for my country, for my people," Younus said.

Younus is one of the six players, who have appealed to the arbitrator against suspensions and fines imposed by the PCB following an inquiry into the tour of Australia. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars