Monday, September 20, 2010

England's Sidebottom retires from international cricket

Mon, Sep 20 10 06:43 PM

England left-arm pace bowler Ryan Sidebottom has retired from international cricket, the player said in a statement on Monday.

The Nottinghamshire swing bowler, 32, played 22 tests, taking 79 wickets after making his England debut in 2001.

"I have had a truly fantastic period of my life with England but now it is time to hand over the ball to those a little younger," he said on his county's website (www.nottsccc.co.uk).

"I have been fortunate enough to live the dream with England. It has been a fantastic time but I have no doubts that now is the right time to announce my retirement."

Sidebottom achieved career-best figures of seven for 47 against New Zealand in 2008, which included a hat-trick.


Source: Published>

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars