Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pak cricket team manager Yawar Saeed denies resignation reports

Published>Tue, Sep 21 10 05:33 PM

London, Sep 21 (ANI): Pakistan cricket team manager Yawar Saeed has denied reports that he has resigned from the post.

Rumours have been circulating amongst various foreign and Pakistani media outlets that Saeed had resigned, and will no longer be in-charge after the series.

However, Saeed said that he has not resigned, and the stories of his resignation being reported by certain media outlets are false, PakPassion.net reports.

Earlier, certain media reports had quoted him as saying that he had served the team for a long period, and now wanted to do something different.

"I think after 26 years in this field and managing so many teams and undertaking so many tours, I need to do something different. I would want to step down as manager after the England tour," The Daily Times quoted Saeed, as saying.

"When this tour ends I will convey my desire to the board chairman as I want to do something different and spend more time with my family."

"If Ijaz wants me to continue I can't say no to him he is an old friend and if he says I must continue in interest of Pakistan cricket, I will listen. But I will definitely try to convince him the time is right for me to step down," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars