Monday, November 1, 2010

Vettori aims at 4000 runs, 400 wickets in Test cricket

Mon, Nov 01 10 09:38 PM

Ahmedabad, Nov 1 (PTI) He is regarded as the best left-arm spinner in contemporary cricket, but New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori still yearns to improve and has set himself a target of 4000 runs and 400 wickets in Test matches. "I think at times I have been a Test bowler but that is one part of my game which I would like to improve the most. I think that my batting in both forms of the game has come on well and also one-day bowling," Vettori told reporters during an interactive session here today. "It is Test match bowling that I want to get better at. It is one of the goals that I want to achieve," he said when asked to comment on him being tagged as an ODI bowler rather than a Test material. Vettori said his game has developed in the last few years and he has concentrated more on improving on his all-round skills. Asked how does he viewed Sir Richard Hadlee''s record of 413 wickets in Test cricket, Vettori said, "4000 runs and 400 wickets is something that I aspire to and it is not too far away." "I look at that in 431 (Hadlee''s record). I still see Sir Richard Hadlee as the greatest bowler," the 31-year-old Kiwi said. Vettori has 325 wickets and 3,962 runs from 100 Test matches, in addition to the 1979 runs and 275 wickets from 259 ODIs. (More) PTI PB PD VKV SSC


Source: Published>

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars