Friday, May 14, 2010

Berbatov fears new striker at Man U

Published>Fri, May 14 10 06:52 PM

London, May 14 (ANI): Manchester United out of form striker Dimitar Berbatov fears that his career will come under more pressure if the club buys a new striker.

Bulgarian Berbatov, who quit international football on Thursday, has been a flop since his 30.75 million pounds move from Spurs two seasons ago.

Boss Alex Ferguson is already looking to sign either Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka or Real Madrid's Karim Benzema for the next campaign, The Sun reports.

"I'm sure United will buy a new striker - but I am there and that's important. I will try to fulfil my contract because where would I go after United? I have reached the top with them. I do not know about interest from other clubs and I have had no meetings," Berbatov said.

"In my two years, things could have been better but they could have been worse, too. I have had my moments. I have won the title and the Carling Cup but people had great expectations for the money it cost to sign me. We do not know what will happen in the third year," said Berbatov, who has two years left on his deal. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars