Friday, May 14, 2010

It is the best feeling of my career: Michael Hussey

Published Sat, May 15 10 02:06 AM

Gros Islet (St Lucia), May 14 (PTI) After scripting a dramatic win over Pakistan, Man-of-the-match Michael Hussey described the victory as the best feeling of his career and said he wasn''t sure if Australia could pull it off eventually. "By the end there I was just swinging hard as I could every ball. I can''t believe we have won the game. This is the best feeling of my career," said Hussey, who slammed a 24-ball 60 to take Australia to the Twenty20 World Cup finals. "White played well. Pakistan played really well, I wasn''t sure whether we would do it. This game continues to amaze. This is the best feeling in my career. I can''t explain it," he added. Australian skipper Michael Clarke heaped praise on Hussey and Cameron White, who hit a 31-ball 43. "Michael Hussey is absolute freak. He and White played superbly. Once Cameron got out I thought It was going to be really tough but with Hussey in you never know," Clarke said. "We thoughts if we have wickets in hand we can chase. But after losing three quick wickets, I thought it was going to be difficult. People will enjoy our win today and I can''t wait to get to Barbados! I need some runs. I do," he added. Needing 18 off the last six balls, Hussey blasted three sixes and a four to snatch a three-wicket victory over Pakistan, who dominated the match for the major part today. Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi also admitted they lost the match in the final over. "It was a very good total. White and Hussey played a mature and good innings. We perhaps lost it in the last over. Ajmal has bowled really well in this tournament. Kamran and Salman gave us a good start and Umar then played really well and gave us a boost," he said.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars