Friday, May 14, 2010

You just can''t write us off: Clarke

Published Sat, May 15 10 11:06 AM

Joseph Hoover St Lucia, May 15 (PTI) Australia captain Michael Clarke says the incredible last-over victory against Pakistan in the Twenty20 World Cup semifinal shows that his team is "never beaten until the game is really over". Clarke lauded Michael Hussey (60 not out in 24 balls) and Cameron White (31-ball 43) for their awesome batting while successfully chasing an imposing 191, which gave his side the right to play England in the final. Chasing Pakistan''s 191 for six, Australia made 197 for seven in 19.5 overs. "I think Michael and White had an amazing day tonight and won us the game. Walking off the field I honestly thought Pakistan got 15-20 runs more then I would have liked and losing three wickets in the first six overs was always going to be hard for us," Clarke said after the three-wicket win. "But the strength we have in batting and how far we go, you just can''t write us off, I think that''s what today has shown. You can''t write us off. We have got talent and we have quite some class in the team," he added. Clarke said the win has boosted Australia''s confidence going into the final at Barbados tomorrow. "We take a lot of confidence going to Barbados, no doubt. The conditions there suit us as the pace and bounce suit our batsmen and bowlers. Our mindset has been exactly what Michael has shown today. "We are never beaten until the game is really over. Till the time its over, we are in it. It was a freakish performance from an unbelievable cricketer. Michael showed his attitude, He never gave up," he said. Clarke conceded that he was nervous when Australia needed 18 runs in the last over. "I enjoy biting my nail when I am nervous. I couldn''t watch the final over, I saw the first ball when Mitchell (Johnson) got a single. I went into the change room. When I heard loud cheers I knew it was a six. "Heard another one and I was saying God what''s going on there. I was too nervous, I couldn''t watch," said Clarke, describing the mood in the Australian camp.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars