Friday, August 20, 2010

Aussie tennis star Woodbridge 'smells a rat' in Federer ad stunt video

Published>Fri, Aug 20 10 03:48 PM

Sydney, Aug 20 (ANI): Australian Tennis star Todd Woodbridge said he doubted the authenticity of the recent ad stunt video featuring Roger Federer.

The video shows Federer knock a bottle off the head of a crewmember with his serve.

Federer is staying mum but Woodbridge told this website that although the clip was "fantastic", he questioned whether it was real or not.

"I think it was very Roger. I like seeing him and how he reacts away from a real tennis court like that. But what I would say is that I know he's good, but is he that good?" the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Woodbridge as saying.

"The reason I say that is that I remember many years ago Mark Woodforde and I doing a piece for 60 minutes with Mike Carlton and we had to set up a shot where we needed to be at this corner of a clay court to hit the mark exactly perfect," he said.

"And I promise you we didn't do it in the first take nor the second take. But he pulled it off twice in a row? So my question is: I'm one of Roger's biggest fans and in my view I think he is the greatest tennis player of all time - no matter what - but that [YouTube clip] exceeds even my expectations," Woodbridge added.

Federer said that the serve was real for sure.

"I don't do it that much, but, yeah, it was shot in one piece and it was ... the guy took a chance. It worked out. I'm happy," he said.

Later, when talking about the clip again, Federer said he had "done it before" but was again asked if the clip showed a real action and he said, "Not saying that. A magician doesn't tell how his tricks work, so ..."

However, Woodbridge is such a great fan he said he would be ready to give Federer the 'benefit of the doubt'. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars