Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bellamy accuses Man City coach of 'cold-shouldering' players since February

Published>Wed, Aug 11 10 01:57 PM

London, Aug.11 (ANI): Welsh striker Craig Bellamy has accused Manchester City's Italian boss Roberto Mancini of cold-shouldering some of the team's players since both had a furious row back in February.

Bellamy, 31, has been nursing a knee injury and has hardly featured in pre-season training, while players such as Brazilian flop Jo have been playing regularly.

The 10-million-pound signing from West Ham said: "I haven't spoken to the manager since February. There are a number of players, like Carlos Tevez and me, who he doesn't speak to and keeps us away. I'm not sure if it's personal. Maybe it's the way he deals with things and it's his manner."

"But, I've got a fair indication of what they all think, though, as I've had 80 minutes in pre-season. I've even seen players not part of the club over the last three years get more minutes than me," The Sun quoted Bellamy, as saying further.

During City's recent tour of the USA, Bellamy indicated he wanted to stay with City and fight for his place.

With his age and a series of knee problems against him, he felt remaining at Eastlands was his best chance of winning silverware.

But, Bellamy is now eyeing the exit door and claims he is not short of offers - with Spurs and Wolfsburg showing an interest.

Mancini will name his 25-man Premier League squad at the end of this month and Bellamy fears the worst, even though he claims he would like to stay.

The Welshman said: "If I'm not on the list, which is unlikely, then the only games I will get are with the reserves.

"I'm so committed to where I am and with the new players coming in I'm driving to stay here. But that's unlikely to happen. I've just come back after my best year in football," he said. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars