Saturday, January 23, 2010

We were taken out of context on Yousuf: PCB

Published Sun, Jan 24 10 12:09 PM

Karachi, Jan 24 (PTI) Taken aback by the criticism that it has invited for stating that Muhammad Yousuf would be sacked as captain after the tour of Australia, the Pakistan Cricket Board now says the comments were taken out of context. "The news is totally out of context and the PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt has been quoted wrongly in this regard," the PCB media manager Nadeem Sarwar said. Butt was quoted as saying on a local television channel by a wire service that there would be a change of captaincy after the Australian tour and Yousuf was only appointed until the Australian tour. This has been criticised by former players, who described the timing as unusual and wrong since the team was still playing in Australia and was in the middle of a one-day series. Yousuf has been subdued and diplomatic in his reaction to the reports. "I don''t mind it. The board appointed me captain and they can change me, but I am enjoying this challenge and I think I have done a satisfactory job," Yousuf said. "It is always an honor to lead your country and I am enjoying this opportunity to be captain. There is no pressure on me and neither has it affected my batting form. "It is all fate, if they want to remove me I have no issues I will continue to play and enjoy my cricket. For me the biggest honor has always been to play for Pakistan and do well for the team," he added.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars