Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yuvi, Bhajji praised me for my knock: Mahmadullah

Published Sun, Jan 24 10 07:49 PM

Mirpur (Bangladesh), Jan 24 (PTI) Young Bangladesh batsman Mahmadullah Riad was a happy man today as his top score of unbeaten 96 on the opening day of the first cricket Test received kudos from the visiting Indian players. Addressing the media at the press conference after the first day''s play, Mahmadullah said he was patted on the back by senior Indian players Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh. "Yuvraj said it was a good knock and I deserved to get a century. Bhajji said well played. I am very happy," said Mahmadullah, who had said in Chittagong that Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was his role model. Mahmadullah felt there was something wrong with the top-order batting as they had collapsed in the first Test in Chittagong also. "There is something wrong with the top-order but the batsmen have been trying to work out the problems at the nets. I think they will get back to their form," he said. Mahmadullah said he was not disappointed at not getting what would have been his maiden century. "I am not disappointed at not getting the hundred. I am happy that I have helped the team to score a good total after losing early wickets," said the 23-year-old. .


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars