Monday, July 5, 2010

Hamilton smokes peace pipe with dad ahead of British Grand Prix

Published>Mon, Jul 05 10 12:58 PM

London, July 5 (ANI): British Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton is likely to have a reunion with dad Anthony when the championship leader bids for British Grand Prix glory on Sunday.

The duo had fallen out earlier when Hamilton had relieved his father and long-time manager of his managerial duties days before the start of the F1 season.

They are now back on speaking terms even though Anthony, who had not missed one of his son's races until this year, has still not been to a grand prix.

"I think he's coming, yeah - I've invited him. It will be good that he's there. I've got grandstand tickets so I said you can choose whether you want to be in the paddock or the grandstand," The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.

"I said he should go into the paddock, but then he should go and experience something different because he's always watched it either from TV or in the paddock. It sucks - I think - to watch it from the paddock, for spectators anyway," he added.

Hamilton further admitted that his relationship with Anthony is still not fully mended, but said that his decision to part ways has helped him grow as a person.

"Everything is not 100 per cent, but we're definitely continuing to build on the relationship and things are moving slowly. We're letting things take their time and move naturally rather than forcing things," Hamilton said.

"He's always sending me positive messages before the race, but it has given me space. I've just grown. Bit by bit I've focused on things, working in certain areas that I didn't necessarily understand or know about before. Sometimes it takes longer, but it's going well," he added.

Anthony had overseen Hamilton's career since he was eight years old, and was an instrumental figure in guiding the 25-year-old into F1 and the 2008 title. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars