Monday, July 5, 2010

Murray eyes US Open to accomplish Grand Slam title dream

Published>Mon, Jul 05 10 02:08 PM

London, July 5(ANI): After his Wimbledon semi-final exit, British tennis ace Andy Murray will head off to America hoping that he can still make his dream of winning a Grand Slam title come true at the US Open.

Murray's 6-4, 7-6 (8-6), 6-4 defeat to Spaniard Rafael Nadal on last Friday has ruthlessly postponed his dream of securing his second Grand Slam final, and a possible British men's Wimbledon winner.

"Now I need to go away and get myself fully prepared. I love the US Open and have done since I was a kid," The Daily Express quoted Murray, as saying.

"I love the city and I love the Championship. I have played well there in the past, and this time I hope I can win there," he added.

The 23-year-old further said that he is a huge admirer of Nadal, and insists that the Spaniard is the best thing that has happened to tennis.

"I play so much, but he's the only guy I really enjoy watching. I have a lot of respect for him, whenever I have beaten him the first thing I said to him was, 'Sorry'. There are things I can do better than Rafa, but there are things he does that no one in the world can do," Murray said.

"Against me he did play great, I know that because when I came off I didn't feel like I played terrible tennis," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars