Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hamilton planning 'Italian Job' to keep F1 championship lead

Published>Sat, Sep 11 10 02:37 PM

London, Sep 11(ANI): McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton is confident that he would win Sunday's Italian Grand Prix to up the pressure in the championship fight.

Hamilton, who won last month's Grand Prix in Belgium, said: "This race is a really good opportunity for me. I will be going all out for the win."I am looking for every point I can get now," The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.

The 25-year-old further said that he is relishing being in the thick of the action as the five-way championship title battle enters its closing stages.

Hamilton currently holds a three-point lead in the drivers' championship over Red Bull's Mark Webber.

Webber is followed teammate Sebastian Vettel, McLaren's Jenson Button and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

"The gap at the top of the championship is nothing. I've not been in this position before, where so many drivers are in the hunt," Hamilton said.It's a world championship, the most intense competition I've ever experienced, and I love it," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars