Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PCB ask Afridi to explain comments on TV show

Tue, Oct 12 10 08:51 PM

Karachi, Oct 12 (PTI) The Pakistan Cricket Board today shot a letter to one-day captain Shahid Afridi for questioning the selection process on a TV channel show. A PCB official confirmed that a letter had been sent to Afridi but said it wasn''t a notice. "I wouldn''t say it is a notice. What I know is that it is more of an advisory in which Afridi has been reminded of his responsibilities as the national team captain while speaking in the media," Nadeem Sarwar, PCB media manager, said. Afridi said he would respond to the letter in the next 24 hours. "I didn''t mean ill towards anyone and I think as captain people expect me to speak on different issues and give explanations," he said. The flamboyant all-rounder said on the show that the selectors didn''t give him players he wanted in the one-day and T20 squads for the forthcoming series against South Africa in the UAE. "Yes I didn''t get two or three players I wanted in the team," he said. Afridi also indicated he would meet the PCB Chairman soon to discuss some issues. "There are some things I want to talk to about with the Chairman when I meet him," he said But the all-rounder insisted that overall the chief selector do consult the captain and the coach before finalising the teams. He, however, refused to take names of the players he wanted in the team. He like former test pacer Sarfaraz Nawaz said that it was time to start building a team for the 2011 World Cup. "Yes I think we don''t have much time now before the World Cup and we need to be sure about the players we will need in the tournament." Afridi also said the selectors should have waited for the national T20 event to finish on October 16 before announcing the T20 squad for the South Africa series. "I wanted to have a look at some new players in the tournament," he added.


Source: Published>

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars