Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ponting in sms 'pow-wow' with Warne after field placing tweets onslaught

Published>Fri, Oct 15 10 11:51 AM

Sydney, Oct 15 (ANI): Australian captain Ricky Ponting has said that Shane Warne has not yet apologized for his Twitter rant after the spin bowling great publicly lashed out at Ponting for his poor field arrangements during the Bangalore Test.

Warne's and Ponting's relationship touched an all time low as the spinner tweeted his disapproval over his former captain's fielding arrangements during the seven wicket loss to India in the Bangalore Test.

"How the hell can Hauritz bowl to this field??" Warne wrote on Twitter. "Feeling for Hauritz , terrible !! What are these tactics? Sorry Ricky but what are you doing," he wrote.

Ponting, who arrived back in Sydney last night, said he had told Warne directly of his feelings about his controversial remarks on Twitter, The Sydney Morning Herald reports

Ponting reiterated that Hauritz's fields were all of his own choosing.

"I sent [Warne] a few texts ... we exchanged a few messages [on Wednesday night]. I'm not hiding the fact I was really disappointed with the tweets that I read," Ponting said.

"But we've exchanged some text messages over the last 24 hours. I've just got to put it behind me now. I told him that I was a bit disappointed, and I thought what he had to say was very unfair, for the fact it was pretty ill-informed comments that he made. I've never been one to run away or be too big or too good for criticism," he added.

Ponting also said that Hauritz had also been in immediate telephone contact with Warne.

Asked whether Warne had apologised, Ponting said: "I wouldn't go that far ... to say he's apologised. He got his points across, and I got my points across back. Shane's always there for advice, and especially for someone like Nathan Hauritz when it's needed." (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars