Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yusuf hopes to take U-turn

Published>Wed, Oct 20 10 05:57 AM

When Baroda take on Mumbai in their opening game of West Zone T20 league on Wednesday, one man who is keen to do well for Baroda is Yusuf Pathan. After losing his place in the ODI squad, the Baroda skipper Yusuf wants to make lost ground.

"I know that all eyes will be on me, and there are many youngsters who will be playing for Baroda this season. As a senior player, I will have to try to pass on my experience to them. At the same time I will start planning my comeback. Once you have played cricket at international level, it's natural that people look up to you," said Yusuf, who last played in India blues when on the Zimbabwe tour four months ago.

Baroda will miss Irfan Pathan, who is recovering from a back injury but still the elder Pathan states his young brigade will cope with the pressure. With Ambati Rayudu moving from Hyderabad to Baroda this season, Yusuf feels that the Mumbai Indians middle-order batsman can play a decisive role for his team.

"His inclusion no doubt will be a boost especially since he is in-form. His first-class experience will come as a big help. Once the season starts a lot will be at stake for him," he adds.

Yusuf is aware that a few good knocks in the T20 tournament won't make much of a difference. The real challenge will starts once the four-day Ranji Trophy commences from November 1 and the Pathan brothers will be eyeing it as a platform to make comebacks. After being dropped once, Yusuf had won a recall with his superb performance in Duleep Trophy last season, where he slammed a double hundred to guide West Zone to an emphatic win. "Domestic is very important," he says, trying to explain how the next four months would be crucial for him.

"It will be a fresh start, not only for me but for Irfan too. I'm confident with the way I'm batting but at the same time I want to help my team win. In Challengers I batted well but I think the real test starts once the Ranji season starts. Hope these three months will be the best for me," Yusuf explains.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars