Monday, February 1, 2010

Every team tampers ball: Afridi

Published Mon, Feb 01 10 08:54 PM
Karachi, Feb 1 (PTI) A defiant Shahid Afridi today made a startling allegation that every team indulges in ball-tampering even though felt he should not have done it. Banned for two Twenty20 Internationals for biting the ball during the fifth and final ODI against Australia in Perth, Afridi said ball-tampering was nothing new and that only his method was wrong. "There is no team in the world that doesn''t tamper with the ball," said Afridi in his defence. "My methods were wrong. I am embarrassed, I shouldn''t have done it.
I just wanted to win us a game but this was the wrong way to do it," Afridi was quoted as saying by the local media. Caught on camera biting the ball during the Perth ODI, Afridi said he was only trying to help the bowlers but ended up doing it the wrong way. "I shouldn''t have done it. It just happened. I was trying to help my bowlers and win a match, one match," he said. "I apologise to all and everyone involved in the match and to the fans around the world. This will never happen again," he added. More PTI PM AY
Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars