Monday, February 1, 2010

I''ll not take back my resignation: Qasim

Published Mon, Feb 01 10 10:10 PM
Karachi, Feb 1 (PTI) Pakistan chief selector Iqbal Qasim has refused to take back his resignation despite the cricket Board here refusing to accept it today. PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt told reporters in Lahore that he did not accepted Qasim''s resignation and he wanted him to continue until the T20 World Cup later this year. Qasim, a former Test spinner who played 50 Tests, had stepped down yesterday after Pakistan were swamped 5-0 in the one-day series by Australia. "I have no intention of taking back my resignation, my decision is final,
" Qasim said. "I am grateful to the PCB Chairman for asking me to continue and not accepting my resignation but I don''t think morally I want to continue as chief selector after the way the team performed in Australia," he said. Qasim said he had been deeply hurt by the way the team let everyone down in Australia when it had the ideal opportunity to beat Australia in the Tests and one-dayers. "I took my decision to resign after much thought and discussions and I don''t want to take it back," he added. Qasim is the second former player to resign as chief selector in Butt''s tenure. Last year former Test leg spinner Abdul Qadir had also resigned after differences with the Chairman on policy and selection matters. Qadir''s resignation had come during the T20 World Cup which Pakistan went on to win in England. .
Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars