Saturday, July 31, 2010

Button vows to quit Formula One if team orders are brought back

Published>Sat, Jul 31 10 02:07 PM

London, July 31 (ANI): World motor racing champion Jenson Button has vowed to quit Formula One if team orders are brought back.

Button said that he would walk away from his eight million pound deal over the issue that has split the sport.

The Sun quoted him as saying: "I'd not be interested in racing in F1 if, from the first race, you knew there was the possibility of being a No 1 or No 2 driver. What's the point?

"One of the biggest buzzes in F1 is fighting your team-mate and, for me, fighting a world champion is such a buzz. If I suddenly realised he didn't have the same equipment as me, or I was being favoured, I wouldn't be happy. I would think we'd all been cheated," he added.

He said: "You're here to win, to be the best. And you should have equal opportunity to the next guy that's driving the same car. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars