Saturday, July 31, 2010

nderson says his fiver did make for a good birthday celebration

Published>Sat, Jul 31 10 01:53 PM

Trent Bridge (Nottingham, UK), July 31 (ANI): England fast bowler James Anderson at present looks the best swing bowler in the world, and he said that his five wickets for 49 runs against Pakistan in the first Test between the two sides being played here, did make for a good birthday celebration with his team mates.

Anderson, who has taken 22 wickets in four matches at Trent Bridge, said: "This ground has been good to me. Certain grounds do tend to swing every time you come and this is one of them.

"It did make for a good birthday. Every time I take five wickets [this was his ninth such haul] I feel fantastic. I haven't really been down on myself. I've felt like I've been bowling pretty well, I've just not been getting the wickets," the Daily Express further quoted him, as saying.

"Sometimes you go through patches just not getting the wickets you think you deserve. Hopefully now I can give a big push in this series," he said

Anderson was also full of praise for Steve Finn.

"I thought Steve bowled fantastically well. The good thing about him is that he uses his height and bangs the ball into the pitch," Anderson said.

Replying to England's 354, Pakistan were precariously placed at 147 for the loss of nine wickets. The visitors are still seven runs away from avoiding a follow-on. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars