Thursday, July 15, 2010

For fans, Pak-Australia test series is like Ashes before Ashes

Published>Thu, Jul 15 10 03:52 PM

London, July 15 (ANI): The Ashes is still months away, but the rivalry and the excitement that the historic Test series between England and Australia arouses is being witnessed in the ongoing clash between a resurgent Pakistan squad and the Kangaroos here at Lord's.

Over 14,000 spectators turned up on the first day of the first Test of the two match 'home' series between Australia and Pakistan, and to the surprise of many Australian fans outnumbered their Asian counterparts.

Many Aussie fans believe that the ongoing series has an 'Ashes' touch to it with both Pakistan and Australia fighting it out really hard.

"Whenever Australia come here to play Tests against England, all my family members turn up to see the team in action. We never have at our minds that some day we will see Australia playing country other than England here in Test match," said Paul Smith, an avid cricket fan.

"The first day was really tough for Australia and that is what we usually witness in Ashes," The News quoted Smith, as adding.

Sarah Owns is another fan who loves to watch Australian cricketers in action against England.

"I work here with a travelling agency and have spent my childhood in Australia where I got my education. I love cricket and am a big fan of Australians. I hardly miss a chance to see them in action whenever they come over to England," said Owns.

"I also plan to turn up at Leeds to watch the second Test. I think the Ashes have come home even before it was due in two years time," she added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars