Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kidnap case against Rana Naved and his brothers

Published Thu, Jul 01 10 10:08 PM

Karachi, July 1 (PTI) A lawyer today alleged that Pakistani cricketer Rana Naved''s brothers kidnapped and tortured him before dumping him at an isolated place because he refused to lend them his services. Rashid Mehmood, who hails from Sheikhupura, alleged that a dispute occurred with Rana''s brothers -- Ijaz, Abrar and Waseem -- when they sought his help for the cancellation of a Nikah. "Since I refused to support them, they and three other persons raided my office, kidnapped me and took me to the outhouse of Rana Naved where I was tortured and then dumped at an isolated place. "I am still getting threats from the Rana brothers over the case but I have filed a case with the police against them," the lawyer said. Rana is presently serving a 12-month ban and was ignored for the tour to England. His appeal against the PCB ban and a fine of two million rupees imposed on him in March is due to be heard by an Appeals Commissioner, next month.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars