Friday, August 6, 2010

Lampard says return to Chelsea a "breath of fresh air" after 'disappointing' World Cup

Published>Fri, Aug 06 10 02:07 PM

London, Aug 6(ANI): Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has said that his return to Chelsea is like a "breath of fresh air" after the trauma of England's failed World Cup campaign.

Chelsea will play their first match of the season on Sunday with the Community Shield against Manchester United.

"I have to be honest and say that the disappointing summer is not affecting anyone at Chelsea. Of course I am disappointed about England and the World Cup, but it is a breath of fresh air to come back to Chelsea," The Sun quoted Lampard, as saying.

"No one wants to go to the World Cup and get knocked out. I'm sure that Brazil, Argentina, Italy and all the other big teams who didn't get to the final feel the same.

"But I'm not going to dwell on it and there has been no niggling mental effect for me because I've come back to a club that has just won the Double."It's an exciting time to be at Chelsea and I think the players and the fans all need to enjoy the fact that we are the Premier League champions," he added.

He further admitted that he was enjoying the prospect of starting the season as the champions rather than trying to win the title for the first time in two or three years.

"I've had a month's rest since the World Cup and that was enough for me because I haven't lost too much fitness in that time," Lampard said.

"I've only been back in pre-season training for a week and a half so obviously I'm not quite there yet, but I think a lot of clubs are having the same problem with their World Cup players," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars