Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Navratilova diagnosed with breast cancer - report

Martina Navratilova raises her fist in jubilation after beating fourth seed Aranxta Snachez Vicario of...

Published Wed, Apr 07 10 07:10 PM

Martina Navratilova, one of the finest female tennis players of all time, has been diagnosed with breast cancer, she has told U.S. magazine People.

"I cried," the report quoted Navratilova, 53, as saying about the moment in February when a biopsy came back positive after a routine mammogram revealed a cluster in her left breast.

"It knocked me on my ass, really. I feel so in control of my life and my body, and then this comes, and it's completely out of my hands."

The report said she will begin six weeks of radiation therapy in May and the prognosis for survival was extremely good.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars