Friday, June 4, 2010

Montgomerie fighting to save marriage after cheating wife

Published>Fri, Jun 04 10 04:48 PM

London, Jun 4 (ANI): Ryder Cup captain and golf superstar Colin Montgomerie is fighting to save his marriage after confessing that he had been having a secret affair with his ex-lover Joanne Baldwin.

Montgomerie's two-year marriage is in trouble though he has ended his affair so that his wife Gaynor stays with him, The Mirror reports.

"I have put my marriage under considerable strain, but we are working through these problems. I am very sorry for the hurt I have caused to the ones I love so much.

"I would ask that my family and I are given the space and privacy to continue trying to resolve the issues. I will be making no further comment," Montgomerie said in a statement.

The golf superstar first fell for former neighbour Joanne, 50, after his marriage to Eimear Wilson broke down in 2004, The Mirror reports.

The romance with Joanne finally collapsed in April 2006 after the golfer was spotted sharing romantic dinner dates with Scottish TV presenter Alison Walker.

Soon afterwards Montgomerie met Gaynor, who inherited 20 million pounds in 2003 when her first husband, furniture tycoon George Knowles, died while on holiday in Mallorca.

They wed in April 2008. The couple has seven children between them and lives in a nine-bed -Perthshire mansion.

A source close to Joanne said: "She kept in touch after they split up and made it clear she would always be there for Colin."

Joanne told The Mirror: "I'm very sorry if his marriage is in trouble, but it's nothing to do with me." (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars