Friday, June 4, 2010

Stanley Rozario Mohun Bagan''s new coach

Published Fri, Jun 04 10 08:52 PM

Kolkata, June 4 (PTI) Mohun Bagan today set the ball rolling for a new football season after a tumultuous year that saw them finishing fifth in the I-League, by appointing Stanley Rozario as their head coach. The Kolkata giants, who had a disappointing 2009-10 season that saw three coaches at the helm and the team finishing fifth in I-League, also announced a 34-member squad with former Mahindra United striker Muritala Ali as their third foreigner. Ishfaq Ahmed was named captain while a slot for the Asian player quota would be announced later, the club management said. A former India assistant coach Rozario, who was sacked after East Bengal''s Federation Cup debacle in 2008-09 season, said he is happy to be back "in the football-loving city of Kolkata". Rozario, who left I-League debutantes Shillong Lajong FC which is facing relegation, said Mohun Bagan would give his coaching career a right platform. "With Mohun Bagan, I can become the coach of the champions club of India... I have come to the right platform. This club has history and it''s always my favourite club," said Rozario. Terming his new assignment a "hot seat", Rozario said, "I know the pressure of being a coach of Kolkata side. I am taking this as a challenge and I have self-belief and confidence to do well for the club." .


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars