Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fawad Alam eager to cement place in Pak team for 2011 World Cup

Published>Wed, Aug 25 10 05:17 PM

London, Aug.25 (ANI): Pakistan left-hand batsman Fawad Alam, who believes that he has the ability to transform himself into a genuine all rounder, has said he is looking forward to cement his place in the one-day team ahead of the 2011 World Cup.

Alam, who has been named in Pakistan's 16-man squad for the upcoming five match series against England, said he is still awaiting a proper chance to prove his talent.

"I feel I can become a genuine all-rounder. I only need to be given a proper chance to prove myself and I am sure I can deliver," Alam told PakPassion.net.

Alam, who bowls slow left-arm orthodox, said he is aware of the challenge and would deliver his best during the one-day series to win the faith of the selectors.

"The World Cup isn't too far away now and with series against England, South Africa and New Zealand prior to the premier one day competition, I know that I have to deliver and that the competition for places is intense. I have faith in my ability though and hope that the selectors give me the opportunity to deliver," he said.

"It's time to ensure that I perform well whenever I am given the opportunity, as preparations for the World Cup are now in full swing," said Alam, who has played 17 ODIs for Pakistan, averaging an impressive 40.87.

He last played an ODI in January this year, against Australia in Perth. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars