Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ryder Cup skipper tells Woods to improve to merit selection

Published>Thu, Aug 19 10 12:48 PM

Washington, Aug 19 (ANI): US Ryder Cup captain Corey Pavin has set Tiger Woods an ultimatum "to improve" in his next two events to merit selection for the event.

"I can think of no cons," Pavin said when asked about the world No 1's suitability as a wild card.

But speaking to Five Live yesterday Pavin indicated that Woods' form is an obstacle to selection.

Since finishing fourth in the US Open in June, Woods has come outside the top 20 at the Open and USPGA and last-but-one in Akron two weeks ago.

"I was a lot more encouraged with his performance at the USPGA than at the Bridgestone that's for sure. But having said all that, I need to see how he's going to play in his next tournament. He's not a guaranteed pick. Is he high on my list? Absolutely. But I need to see him to improve," Pavin said.

"I still need to see him playing him a little better. I'll be talking to him and evaluating his game. Come September 7th I'll have a hard decision to make," he added. (ANI)


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars