Friday, March 26, 2010

8th F1 title still possible: Schumacher

Published>Fri, Mar 26 10 05:49 PM

Seven time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher has said that he is aiming for his eighth title this season.

"My expectation was to fight for the championship and I still think that this is possible," The Daily Telegraph quoted Schumacher, as saying.

"Can we win the championship this year? That is a tough question. It is a long year and I have been in much worse circumstances at the beginning of the year and still taken a championship. I am not feeling pessimistic at all. I know it is hard work and we will make a big effort," he added.

Schumacher, who finished sixth in the season opener of F1 in Bahrain last Sunday, reckons that he will be stronger in Australia, where he has won four times.

He is also pushing the technical team, led by his former Ferrari chief Ross Brawn, to deliver a car that responds to his needs and driving style.

"I feel excited. It is a great challenge to work again and to develop projects and events. That is always where there is excitement. You never stand still, it is always an ongoing process. This is what I want to do, but I have to be motivated," Schumacher said.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars