Friday, March 26, 2010

Kjeldsen trying to put money woes behind him

Published>Fri, Mar 26 10 10:09 PM

Dane Soren Kjeldsen has 'sorted his head out' and is back playing at close to his best after losing money when a former manager went out of business.

Kjeldsen, the defending champion and overnight leader at the Andalucia Open, admitted the incident, which came to light in December, had affected his game badly.

The 34-year-old from Aalborg, who lives in Ascot, England, would not reveal the full extent of his losses but said: "It is a lot of money, thousands."

However, Kjeldsen has tried to put the incident out of his mind and get on with trying to win tournaments again.

His decision has paid off for now, claiming a share of the overnight lead at the Malaga Parador course.

"I had my manager for six years but on December 1 I decided I wanted to change and he was fine with that. But when I said I needed to start talking about money I discovered that he didn't have two or three years of my sponsorship money.

"I brought a civil action against him and took him to court but with no success. His company has gone bust and he owes a lot of money to a lot of people. It isn't a police matter yet but it could be.

"We have a saying in Danish that 'you can't take hair off a guy who's bald'. I have to accept I'm not going to get anything.

"It did affect me but my coach Pete Cowen told me I had to sort my head out. I came here to Spain determined I was going to do that."

Kjeldsen has now joined Swede Johan Elliot's Sportyard management group which has 2008 European number one Robert Karlsson among its stable.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars