Thursday, April 8, 2010

Asif accuses Veena of stealing cheques

Published Thu, Apr 08 10 06:40 PM

Lahore, Apr 8 (PTI) Mohammad Asif-Veena Malik controversy took an interesting turn today with the fast bowler accusing his former actress girlfriend of stealing the two cheques which she was claiming to have bounced. Veena had slapped a legal notice on Asif on the ground that the two cheques, amounting to 11.3 million rupees, which he gave her to settle a money dispute bounced but Asif dismissed the allegation and said the cheques were actually stolen from his home by her. "The cheques she is talking about were stolen from my home in February and I reported their theft to the police and there is a FIR registered with the police," Asif said. Asif said he didn''t owe Veena a single penny and that she was taking revenge for his marrying another girl chosen by his family. "I don''t owe her a single penny. Why should I need to take money from anyone. I am a professional cricketer and I earn well. Even when I was banned I got payments from my IPL team," said Asif who is presently attending Twenty20 World Cup training camp here. "I would advise her to also get married as she is getting older now and should be dedicating her life to better things," he added. Asif said he was ready to fight the case from a woman "who is jealous of my marriage and trying to discredit and destroy my name". Veena, a well-known actress and model, sent a legal notice to Asif yesterday, claiming that the two cheques of 3.9 million rupees and 7.4 million rupees given to her by Asif as payment of a loan had bounced. "I have no problems with Asif getting married. He even took 2.5 million rupees from me for his marriage arrangements. The amount I gave him was in 2008 and we have a common friend who can testify Asif took the money to make payments to his lawyers when he was caught in several cases and was banned and didn''t have a single penny," Veena said. "He even used my Toyota Prado for one year everyone knows that. I helped him when he was going through the worst crisis of his life. The money I gave him was no charity money and it was a loan and I want it back. I will even take him to court and let the truth of our relationship come out. I want my money, he can''t cheat me like this," she said.


Source: Web Search

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars