Thursday, November 25, 2010

Vikas''s a good actor, says bitter Chinese boxer

Fri, Nov 26 10 10:36 AM

Guangzhou, Nov 26 (PTI) Bitter after his narrow loss to Vikas Krishan in the Asian Games final, Chinese boxer Qing Hu called him "a good actor" but the Indian teen hit back saying the home favourite repeatedly threw under-the-belt punches in their bout. Defending champion Hu slammed the referee and Vikas saying he had not been defeated by the Indian but by the two-point penalty that he was handed in the second round of yesterday''s lightweight 60kg final for striking a below-the-belt blow. "I was leading in the first round with three points and I was penalised for a foul which I never committed. I hit my opponent below the belt but not the crotch. The referee gave my opponent two points after this as my opponent was a good actor. I was not defeated by my opponent but I was defeated by the referee," he claimed. Hu also accused his 18-year-old rival of being too evasive and defensive in the final three minutes of the bout which he lost 4-5. "In the last round my opponent was inactive and not fighting. The referee should also have warned him but he didn''t. "But I am happy with my performance and in my opinion I am the champion. Lodging a protest over the referee''s decision is useless as I am satisfied with my performance," he said. Vikas, a world youth champion champion and a bronze-medallist at the inaugural Youth Olympics in Singapore, shot back, saying the Chinese was constantly going below the waistline in his attacks and should have been warned more. "I am a boxer, not an actor. When he throws under-the-belt punches, he knows that he threw under-the-belt punches and so did the referee," Vikas said when asked about Hu''s accusation after his appeals to the referee for low shots.


Source: Published>

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Lincah.Com - Mitsubishi Cars